Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/24 07:52:18 UTC

Re: Query | Solr conf and data (index) distribution using master slave configuration

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Vicky_Dev
<vi...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> 1. Please confirm whether the tag entry  : <dataDir></datadir>
> In solrconfig.xml should match for the  Slave solr server / master solr
> server in accordance to the scripts.conf configuration settings.

Yes, dataDir in solrconfig.xml and scripts.conf should be same.

> 2. Also let us know whether some specific handling has to be done in case
> of
> using multi cores during replication.

You'd need to setup replication separately for each core.
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Query | Solr conf and data (index) distribution using master slave configuration

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Vicky_Dev
<vi...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> Thanks Shalin for your reply
>
> Is it possible to replicate conf folder from master to slave?

It should be possible but I've never tried to replicate config with the
script based replication myself.

The script based replication calls commit on the slave after the new index
is downloaded. This makes Solr use the new index files. But a commit does
not refresh configuration. For that, you'd need to reload the core itself.
Not very straightforward I think.

There's a new Java based replication in trunk right now which has built-in
support for both index and config replication. Details on the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Query | Solr conf and data (index) distribution using master slave configuration

Posted by Vicky_Dev <vi...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thanks Shalin for your reply

Is it possible to replicate conf folder from master to slave?

~Vikrant