Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2019/09/03 22:34:22 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Git message guidelines

Hi,
Just out of interest what is the problem you're trying to solve here? It seem to me that doing something like this will make it harder for users to contribute, when you want to make it easier for them to do so.
Thanks,
Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Git message guidelines

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
Yes, we would be appreciate such automatic tools only if it doesn't bring
much trouble to contributors.

If a commit message is not following the guidelines, the bot will comment
in the PR and ask the contributor to change the commit message. What
happens if the contributor doesn't change it for a long time?

Wenli

Posted by Clement Ho <cl...@gitlab.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clement,

Posted by Clement Ho <cl...@gitlab.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I think we are all agree about writing a commit message should not be a
trouble to our developers :)

Shuang's point is we should not block developer's commit because of
validation tool. And my point is we may use tools to help us writing a
clean commit message.

Yi Shen
Senior Developer
Baidu, Inc.

Re: [DISCUSS] Git message guidelines

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clement,

Posted by Clement Ho <cl...@gitlab.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This kind of requirement should come from a high diversity and very active
community, like the example your using.
The only reason the commit log important, is because of quick review update
and revert in some critical case.

From the commit log today, there is not that case.