Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by James Allsopp <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2017/04/13 04:18:43 UTC

Timeouts

Hi,
I'm building a guacamole system behind a reverse proxy. The proxy times out
after five minutes if there's no activity, but once a user has opened a
connection there always seems to be activity. Is there a setting to sever
the connection if a user hasn't done anything in a given time period?

Thanks.
James

Re: Timeouts

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:18 PM, James Allsopp
<ja...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm building a guacamole system behind a reverse proxy. The proxy times out
> after five minutes if there's no activity, but once a user has opened a
> connection there always seems to be activity. Is there a setting to sever
> the connection if a user hasn't done anything in a given time period?

Guacamole doesn't provide such a setting, no. Guacamole considers
connections to be active so long as they are open and the user's
browser is responding. The remote desktop server may have such a
setting, though. Microsoft's RDP server, for example, provides "Idle
session limit":

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754272(v=ws.11).aspx

- Mike