Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/03 13:16:19 UTC

Release 9.1

Hi, all

If we are serious about getting on a two month release cycle again, now
is the time to begin thinking about the 9.1 release. We created the 9.0
release branch sometime before the 15th of April.   We signed the
release on April 23rd.  So we have some time, but also we need to start
get some plans and organization in place.  And we need to think about
doing everything we can to make the master stable for that branch.  We
should hold off large, sweeping changes until we get past that point.

Duo... you mentioned that you were interested with assisted with the
releases?  Abdelatif was the point man last time.  Perhaps you would
want to discuss his experiences with him?

Greg

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2020, 9:14 AM Abdelatif Guettouche <
abdelatif.guettouche@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Nathan,
>
> > if there's anything else to add to the 9.1 release notes, that page
> > remains here:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/NuttX+9.1
>
> I think there is one PR in nuttx/ that's not included in the release
> notes and maybe two in apps/.  That should be quick.
> Another thing left to do is to update the release note document in the
> repo and all the relevant files under Documentation/.

Abdelatif,
Thanks for creating the branches, I was not going to be able to get to it
until after work today, so it's good to unblock the queue of PRs for master.

Nathan,
I will create new tracking projects for the 9.2 this evening for the
projects. I think it will be a lot easier having this rolling from the
start of the cycle. Thanks for getting the template up.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nathan,

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

D-Day; I'll go ahead and create the branches.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.

RE: Release 9.1

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.

RE: Release 9.1

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
I only mentioned macOS because one of the mentors was using it the
last time, I guess what's important is to have instructions that start
from a fresh installation of any OS and end with a usable workstation,
I'm sure there are plenty for Linux.

> Re: the release notes, maybe we can start using a template for PR text?
> That would make going through them easier. For instance:

We already have a PR template similar to that, we just need to
convince everyone to use it.
The majority do use it, but it's still being ignored for small changes.

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 5:36 PM Adam Feuer <ad...@starcat.io> wrote:

> I got stuck, and switched to Linux. But I will give macOS a try again in
> the next few days, and update the instructions if I succeed.

I built a recent master on macOS and it worked. All I had to do was:

* Install gcc-arm-none-eabi using instructions from either PX4 or Mynewt
(don't remember which),

* Install flock using instructions in our top level readme

* configure && make && make install kconfig-frontends from our tools repo

and after that, 'tools/configure.sh', 'make menuconfig', and 'make' worked
perfectly. One caveat: I have Xcode and its command line tools, and
homebrew, so maybe I have something not mentioned here that's needed.

Nathan

Re: Release 9.1

Posted by Adam Feuer <ad...@starcat.io>.
Abdelatif,