Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2003/08/28 21:10:17 UTC

Guidelines for a project proposal ?

Hi XMLers,

Since a few weeks, we are starting a project of Swing components with
XML models. More information is available if need be.

The project will be able to live at sourceforge.net most probably but we
are wondering how feasible it is to start this project under
xml.apache.org. I've seen incubating projects, which seems very similar
to the jakarta sandbox, I guess it would be the place to start.

I was hoping to find some guidelines about it at
http://xml.apache.org/guidelines.html but the "new project" topic did
not come out there.

So what would be the best approach ?
- make it shine at sourceforge then move it if interest exists
- or start it at apache right away ?

Thanks.

Paul