Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dale, Matt" <Ma...@beCogent.com> on 2004/07/02 15:49:21 UTC

JSP updates leading to OutOfMemoryErrors and Tomcat Crashes

We have a webapp that consists of >1000 jsps that are code generated from another application. What we are experiencing is within an hour or two of uploading some updated jsps OutOfMemoryErrors start happening and Tomcat crashes.
Once restarted, it seems fine and survives until we next do an update when once again after a couple of hours the same problems reoccur.
We tried forking the Jsp compliation, but this hasn't resolved the problem.
I was wondering if anybody has ever come accross similar behaviour and if there are any known issues that may relate to it.
Ta
Matt

Re: JSP updates leading to OutOfMemoryErrors and Tomcat Crashes

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
have you tried handling it this way?

1. compile the jsp on a staging server
2. tar up the files
3. upload to the production servers
4. untar
5. touch jsp files
6. touch compiled classes in the working directory

I used that approach in the past to handle updates to the production servers.

peter

We have a webapp that consists of >1000 jsps that are code generated
from another application. What we are experiencing is within an hour
or two of uploading some updated jsps OutOfMemoryErrors start
happening and Tomcat crashes.

Once restarted, it seems fine and survives until we next do an update
when once again after a couple of hours the same problems reoccur.

We tried forking the Jsp compliation, but this hasn't resolved the problem.
I was wondering if anybody has ever come accross similar behaviour and
if there are any known issues that may relate to it.

Ta
Matt

InterScan_Disclaimer.txt - 1K Download
noname - 1K Download