Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com> on 2001/08/08 21:54:19 UTC

[VOTE] Add getRealPath() to Context

Hi,

I propose to add getRealPath() method to Context interface as it is already implemented by subclasses. This method would
be declared as:

+    String getRealPath(String path) throws MalformedURLException;

This will only extend existing interface. If this method can not be exposed
via Context interface, please let me know why. Otherwise, I'm awaiting for
your "+1"s.

This method is required in ProgramGeneratorImpl class to get context
directory. I can not use getResource() as it returns "jndi:" URL under
some servlet engines (Tomcats, to be precise).

If there are other methods to get context directory, please tell them.

Regards,
Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Add getRealPath() to Context

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I propose to add getRealPath() method to Context interface as it is already implemented by subclasses. This method would
> be declared as:
>
> +    String getRealPath(String path) throws MalformedURLException;
>
> This will only extend existing interface. If this method can not be exposed
> via Context interface, please let me know why. Otherwise, I'm awaiting for
> your "+1"s.

+1. I think it doesn't hurt.

Giacomo