Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kipp, James" <Ja...@mbna.com> on 2002/04/23 18:41:57 UTC

Strange Apache/CGI output

running Apache 1.3.6 on a SunOS 5.8 Server. Apache and cgi script were
working fine until a few days
ago. The scripts run, however when the browser calls it, it only displays
some of the data. For instance,
if the cgi is supposed to print 100 rows in a table, it prints like 40 and
quits.
The scripts are in Perl. Perl version 5.6.1

Any ideas ?
note: already tried the $|=1 unbuffering. That did not work.

Thanks
Jim

Re: Strange Apache/CGI output

Posted by Jay Turberville <ja...@studio522.com>.
This may not be too helpful, but I found that the content-length header was
not set with an appropriate value when I was running some Win32 scripts with
Apache 2.0.35.  My pages were displayed truncated.  So it seems possible to
me that the Content-Length tag may not be reporting back the correct value.
If you have a way of looking at header information, you might do that and
see if the length is the appropriate size.

I just looked at my header info coming from my Apache 1.3.24 (Win32) server
and there is no Content-Length header there.  So perhaps this isn't it after
all.

Jay Turberville