Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by alex <al...@zoosmart.us> on 2006/07/21 02:05:20 UTC

spamassassin doing bad job filtering out spam

I even lowered the required hits to 4.0 from 5.0.

for example, the latest batch of spams with "your resume" in the
subject:

        HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY autolearn=no
        version=3.1.3

and that's after using spamassassin -r on previous "your resume" spams.

Any ideas?

Re: spamassassin doing bad job filtering out spam

Posted by "Gary D. Margiotta" <ga...@tbe.net>.
> I even lowered the required hits to 4.0 from 5.0.
>
> for example, the latest batch of spams with "your resume" in the
> subject:

>        HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY autolearn=no
>        version=3.1.3
>
> and that's after using spamassassin -r on previous "your resume" spams.
>
> Any ideas?

Check your tests, and feed more mail into Bayes, here's my scoring for a
resume spam I just received:

     RCVD_IN_WHOIS_INVALID autolearn=no version=3.1.1

This was the first resume spam I've seen get through in the past couple
days.  Mind you my threshold is much higher than yours, so at the default
5.0 this would have been spam on an un-modified install.

-Gary

Re: spamassassin doing bad job filtering out spam

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
tests=BAYES_50

Bayes doesn't know if this is ham or spam.  Give it some help and it should
give you a lot of help.

Is there a reason that you don't seem to be running net tests, or seem to
have any addon rule sets?

        Loren