Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hightower, Rick (C)(STP)" <Ri...@guidant.com> on 2004/03/25 18:33:07 UTC

JEXL: JSL: Less than operator? le and < not working

I recently wrote a plug-in that summarizes the output from junit (XML output), clover (XML output), and OO-metrics from Togethersoft (to support code reviews).

Coming up to speed on JSL was easy. I used the Junit report plugin as a guide. (It is very similar to XSLT and JSTL.)

However, I am having a problem with a JEXL expression. (Just this one piece and I am done....).

<j:choose>
      <j:when test="${coverage &&lt; summaryReport.coverageLevel}">
   			<strong><font color="#FF0000">
					<doc:formatAsNumber string="${coverage}" pattern="0.0"/>
	</j:when>
      <j:otherwise>
               <doc:formatAsNumber string="${coverage}" pattern="0.0"/>
       </j:otherwise>
</j:choose>

The issues is with the expression in the j:when's test. The goal of the above is to turn the results red if the coverage is below a certain configurable level.

I've tried the following

${coverage < summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage lt summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage &&lt; summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage &lt; summaryReport.coverageLevel}

Nothing seems to work.

I even tried

${coverage =< summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage <= summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage le summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage &le; summaryReport.coverageLevel}
${coverage &&le; summaryReport.coverageLevel}

BTW summaryReport.coverageLevel is a property of the plugin, and I have tried it without it as well.

${coverage =< 80.0}
${coverage <= 80.0}
${coverage le 80.0}
${coverage &le; 80.0}
${coverage &&le; 80.0}

JEXL supports a superset of JSTL EL so it seems that ${coverage le 80.0} since that would work with JSTL EL.

BTW I am using maven-1.0-beta-9.6a.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Hightower
http://www.arc-mind.com