Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Rohan Sahgal <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/24 01:45:13 UTC

Re: calculator-distributed on multiple hosts

Is it also possible to modify this sample to create WAR files so that
it can be run in any web container?
I see that now it starts a new Jetty container.

I think that would be more helpful, since this way I can simply copy
the webapp to different machines rather than the entire Tuscany
distribution.

If thats possible, I dont mind helping out to do this.

Thanks,
Rohan

Re: calculator-distributed on multiple hosts

Posted by fahim salim <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello All

I'm little bit confused by all the possible configurations that are possible
with several nodes running in a domain.
It's ok to have for example node B and C running on the same machine and
NodeA running on another one.

But is it possible to have the following configuration:
CalculatorA running on NodeA
CalculatorB running on NodeB
CalculatorC running on NodeC

without having the implementaion of AddService and SubstractService on the
machine running  NodeA  ?
In such case CalculatorB composite would be like :

<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
           targetNamespace="http://sample"
           xmlns:sample="http://sample"
           name="CalculatorB">

    <component name="AddServiceComponentB">
        <interface.java class="calculator.AddService" />
    </component>
</composite>

If such thing is realistic, we could for example dynamically reconfigure one
service by stoping a node and starting another one with the service
modified.

I would  be also interesting by any examples showing how to load a
contribution for a node using the web domain manager application (
http://localhost:9990/ui/workspace/).

For example one scenario could be :

1/ Launching domain
3/ Launching some nodes with contributions file from  a repositery
4/ running a client to get the service done by the domain

Regards
Fahim

Posted by Rohan Sahgal <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rohan

Posted by Rohan Sahgal <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by fahim salim <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello All

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Could you please elaborate more on your goals trying to make the
sample a web app ?