Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com> on 2007/07/27 21:02:20 UTC

Seeking spamassassin co-maintainer in Fedora Project

Hey folks,

I am seeking an upstream spamassassin developer who uses Fedora or RHEL
who would be interested in sharing spamassassin maintainership within
the Fedora distribution.  The Fedora Project is trying to get more
upstream developers working directly upon packages within Fedora in
order to promote greater cooperation and integration.  For example, I
currently share maintenance of pidgin with an upstream pidgin developer.
I would hope a spamassassin developer who uses Fedora/RHEL/CentOS would
be interested in joining as well.

Co-Maintenance Tasks
====================
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/spamassassin/devel/
- Updating new upstream spamassassin versions in Fedora by checking into
our package SCM and triggering builds in our buildsystem.
- Pushing Fedora patches to upstream as necessary.
- Adding patches or packaging changes if necessary.
- Improve interoperability/drop-in replacement of Fedora/RHEL's
spamassassin with upstream's RPM package.
- Occasionally Fedora spamassassin is used to rebase the version in
RHEL4, RHEL5 and CentOS.
- Help me deal with bugs reported in REd Hat's Bugzilla.  This usually
means: closing dupes, closing UPSTREAM pointing at the upstream bug.
There haven't been many Fedora-specific spamassassin bug reports lately.

Desired Qualifications
- Upstream spamassassin developer
- Fedora, RHEL or CentOS user

Please let me know if you are interested in working with me.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com