Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prasan Ary <vo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/01 22:18:21 UTC

distcp fails :Input source not found

Hi,
  I am running hadoop 0.15.3  on 2 EC2 instances from a public ami ( ami-381df851) . Our input files are on S3.

  When I try to do a distcp for an Input file from  S3 onto hdfs on EC2, the copy fails with an error that the file does not exist. However, if I run  copyToLocal from S3 onto local machine, the copy succeeds, confirming that the input file does exist on S3 bucket.
  Furthermore, I can see the Input file on S3 bucket from Mozilla S3 Firefox organizer as well.

  I am left with no explanation as to why I am getting the File Not Found error on S3  when I have every confirmation that the file does exist over there.

  Just to make sure that I am specifying the parameters correctly :

  > bin/hadoop fs -copyToLocal s3://<id>:<secret>@bucket/fileone.txt /somefolder_on_local/fileone.txt        : succeeds

  Any correction?

  Thanks.

Re: distcp fails :Input source not found

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.
Are you missing a colon on the first command?

Probably just a transcription error when you composed your email (but I have
made similar mistakes often enough and been unable to see them).