Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pir8ped <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 11:27:24 UTC

reload not working

Hi,

I have an app working OK in Tomcat 5.5.9, but I can't get it to reload. I
get errors such as:

D:\workspace\starfriend\build.xml:319: Failed to copy
D:\workspace\starfriend\vm\home\start.vm to C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\starfriend\WEB-INF\vm\home\start.vm due to
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\starfriend\WEB-INF\vm\home\start.vm (Access is denied)

I am using Velocity pages.

It seems that all files under Tomcat are set to read-only.

I have had this app working before , and reloading fine, but had to
reinstall everything on my machine...

I have set my app to be reloadable with this:

<Context path="/appName" docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/starfriend" debug="3" reloadable="true">

in my file starfriend.xml, in conf/catalina/localhost.

I don't want to undeploy, redeploy - much slower.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John

Re: reload not working

Posted by pir8ped <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks - a possible solution - but I have read the docs more carefully, and
found that just with the web-inf/classes folder that you can re-write files.
I had changed my ant script to try to delete folders then re-write them.
That didn't work.

The velocity pages are reloadable now - not sure why they weren't before.

Thanks.

Well. why can't your move your application outside the tomcat folder?

For example,

<Context path="/appName" docBase="C:/myapps/starfriend" debug="3"
reloadable="true">

Re: reload not working

Posted by Galam <ga...@gmail.com>.