Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> on 2014/04/22 04:30:49 UTC

news, releases, etc.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate our new PMC Chair, Gabriel Reid.
I've been working with Gabriel on Crunch longer than just about anybody,
and he is one of the best software engineers I have ever had the pleasure
of sharing a code base with. Everyone should be so lucky to get to work
with someone like him.

On a completely unrelated note, we've fixed 53 issues since our last
release, which is the usual cadence for us to do a new major release. That
fact, combined with the fact that I'm trying to procrastinate on some other
things I need to do this week, makes me think it's time for 0.8.3 and
0.10.0 (or maybe 0.9.1? Not sure here) to make their way out the door.

Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: news, releases, etc.

Posted by Josh Wills <jo...@gmail.com>.
Alright, I'm on board with 0.10.0. Will start cranking on it tomorrow.

Re: news, releases, etc.

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: news, releases, etc.

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > First of all, I'd like to congratulate our new PMC Chair, Gabriel Reid.
> > I've been working with Gabriel on Crunch longer than just about anybody,
> > and he is one of the best software engineers I have ever had the pleasure
> > of sharing a code base with. Everyone should be so lucky to get to work
> > with someone like him.
>
> Wow, thanks Josh!

My pleasure. :)

Re: news, releases, etc.

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> First of all, I'd like to congratulate our new PMC Chair, Gabriel Reid.
> I've been working with Gabriel on Crunch longer than just about anybody,
> and he is one of the best software engineers I have ever had the pleasure
> of sharing a code base with. Everyone should be so lucky to get to work
> with someone like him.

Wow, thanks Josh!