Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Michel Jouvin <jo...@lal.in2p3.fr> on 2005/11/22 00:52:55 UTC

3.2b5 : mod_python doesn't handle properly signals like KILL, SEGV...

Hi,

I recently installed mod_python 3.2b5 on Apache 2.0.54. I am running with
problems if httpd slave process segfaults or is killed. In this case,
master process restart the max number of processes/threads. We are running
Apache with the MPM worker (on Tru64 platform).

This behaviour appears only if mod_python is loaded into Apache. this
doesn't seem to be related to mod_python usage : this can happen if you
load mod_python even if no URL is configured to use it. You can easily
reproduce the problem by doing 'kill -KILL' of an Apache slave process.

Is it a known issue ? Are they any workaround ?

Thanks in advance.

Michel

ps : I know this version is not production quality but this behaviour was
worst with 3.1. (happening even with graceful restart).

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : jouvin@lal.in2p3.fr *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Tel : +33 1 64468932        *
     * B.P. 34                       Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *