Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/02/04 01:57:38 UTC

[STOP] FUD Clarification

> Greg Wilkins wrote:
>
>>I disagree that all contributions must go via the incubator.  This is
>>clearly within the scope of servicemix and there is no need to
>>develope a community around this code.

All code contributions MUST be vetted by the incubator PMC.  Only a PMC is
authorized by the board to accept code grants (so the Foo project PMC then
accepts a code contribution, and hands it off under IP Clearance to the
Incubator PMC for approval.)

A PPMC is NOT a PMC, and therefore does not have the legal authority granted
by the Board to accept code grants on behalf of the foundation.  They may
indicate they desire to accept a specific code grant, and request that the
Incubator PMC ratify their choice.