Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Reynshteyn, Leonid" <le...@gs.com> on 2000/09/26 21:28:29 UTC

Running example application with Weblogic...

I am new to Struts and I am trying to run the example web application using
weblogic.

I unpacked the Struts distribuition into C:\test.

Added this line to weblogic.properties:

weblogic.httpd.webApp.example=c:/test/jakarta-struts/web/example

When I run this applcaition bu invoking a URL
(http://localhost:7001/example)
I get the following error. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Tue Sep 26 15:20:36 EDT 2000:<E> <WebAppServletContext-gs> Root cause of
ServletException
java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.getAttribute(PageContextImpl.java:159)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:358)
        at jsp_servlet.index._jspService(index.java:82)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
:124)
        at
:142)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:744)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:692)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:251)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:363)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:263)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Tue Sep 26 15:20:36 EDT 2000:<I> <ServletContext-General> servletimages:
init