Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Scales <Ri...@cobwebsolutions.com> on 2001/03/02 10:13:49 UTC

Servlet Directory

Hi,

I've just installed tomcat 3.2.1 and its working fine except that I am using
the default webapps/examples directory to store my servlets which is a pain
as I physically have to copy them over etc and I would like to keep them on
a seperate folder somewhere else on my machine.

I have been trying to achieve this by adding a contex-path to the server.xml
file with no luck. Currently my servlets are in
H:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes and I would like to
store them in
H:\Work\MyServlets\bin

I cannot work out how to change this directory this is as far as I have
got:-

<Context path="/myservlets"
                 docBase="../../Work/MyServlets/bin"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
</Context>

This does not work and I cannot work out why!
Can anyone help?

Thanks Richard

Re: Servlet Directory

Posted by Match Grun <ma...@dimensional.com>.
I do this all the time. I assume that the /Work/MyServlets/bin contains
a WEB-INF directory. docBase should be set to the directory which
contains the WEB-INF directory. Tomcat looks in the WEB-INF/classes
directory for any class files.

Match

Re: Servlet Directory

Posted by Anuj Agrawal <ag...@lucent.com>.
Adding a context path in server.xml is just one part to it (BTW, in docBase you
might want to use a fully qualified path rather than a relative path).

The 2nd file that you need to edit is uriworkermap.properties file, and add (in
your case)
/myservlets/*=ajp12

You may need to restart both Tomcat and the web server.
Good luck.
Anuj.