Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Rondeau, Tim (Mission Systems)" <Ti...@ngc.com> on 2006/05/31 21:01:16 UTC

Data Recording Type of function

Hi All,

Looking to use log4j more for recording tool.  Meaning what ever data is
spit out, it gets recorded and then it can be analized later.  Looking
to make sure not to use to many processes.  We are using log4j now as a
debugger.

Anyone done anything like this using log4j?

Thanks

Tim

Re: Data Recording Type of function

Posted by Lance Semmens <la...@marketpipe.com>.
You could use the org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout to log to an XML file
for later analysis.

Rondeau, Tim (Mission Systems) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Looking to use log4j more for recording tool.  Meaning what ever data is
> spit out, it gets recorded and then it can be analized later.  Looking
> to make sure not to use to many processes.  We are using log4j now as a
> debugger.
>
> Anyone done anything like this using log4j?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim

Lance Semmens
Marketpipe Limited