Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Alexander Banthien <al...@questech.de> on 2002/08/20 19:24:51 UTC

Torque from tdk2.2b2, extending user and DATABASE_NAME

Hi,

I noticed a problem with the torque that comes with tdk 2.2 beta 2. I
went through the process of extending a user.

Latest thing I noticed was, that the following
--------------------------
/** the default database name for this class */
public static final String DATABASE_NAME = "mydbname";
--------------------------
is missing from the BaseMyUserPeer class.

It is easy to put the two missing lines after recreation of the classes
, but not the idea.

If any of the masters passes by that, a fix would be appreciated :-)

Cheers, Alexander
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Banthien

_______________________________________
Questech GmbH
Schwarzwaldstr. 19
79199 Kirchzarten

Fon: +49 (0)7661 90 35-15
Fax: +49 (0)7661 90 35-20
www.questech.de

TURBINE_USER 1:1 to custom table?

Posted by peter neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se>.
Hi,
another problem I have is that I don't get a 1:1 mapping between
TurbineUser and my Member class with the following:

alias="TurbineUser"
    baseClass="com.techtor.fotonytt.om.TurbineUserAdapter"
    basePeer="com.techtor.fotonytt.om.TurbineUserPeerAdapter">
    <!-- Unique identifier -->
    <column name="USER_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>

    <column name="MEMBER_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="USER_ID" type="INTEGER" description=""/>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="FOTONYTT_USER">
      <reference local="USER_ID" foreign="USER_ID"/>
    </foreign-key>
    <column name="STATUS_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="DESCRIPTION" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>

What I get is a collection of Members in my BaseFotonyttUser class and a
getFotonyttUser (exactly what I want) in Member. So this is 1:n then.

Inserrting a foreign-key into FOTONYTT_USER results in compiling errors
since there is ni method setMemberId in BaseTurbineUser.

Does anyone know ho to create the 1:1 relationship between the
TURBINE_USER and a custom table?

/peter

Re: Torque from tdk2.2b2, extending user and DATABASE_NAME

Posted by peter neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se>.
Hi,
I'm in exactly the same process. With the new b3, even the dependencies
with Torque have changed (e.g. TableMap is in the torque package now).

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 19:24, Alexander Banthien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed a problem with the torque that comes with tdk 2.2 beta 2. I
> went through the process of extending a user.
>
> Latest thing I noticed was, that the following
> /** the default database name for this class */
> public static final String DATABASE_NAME = "mydbname";
It seems that the DATABASE_NAME is generated, but since you specified a
non-default base class (the ...PeerAdapter), it seems like there are
other issues (like inheritance?) that assume that the base class stores
this member.
That's my best guess.

/peter