Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ni...@progressive.com on 2002/08/01 19:46:36 UTC

DB2 and servlet ??? Help !!!

Hello everyone...

I am trying to connect the run a simple servlet to retrieve the
query results from DB2 database.

1. Before writing a servlet, I wrote a simple java file and was successful
in retrieving the
contents from DB2 UDB.

2. Then I just converted the same JAVA file into servlet by adding Servlet
API and syntax in it.
3. It compiles fine.
4. Then from a web page I try to pass one parameter to my servlet.
5. The servlet doesnot retrieve any records from the database which
initially it was bringing
    when I wrote simple java file.

Code of my servlet is as:
----------------------
import java.sql.*;
import java.lang.*;
import java.io.*;

public class Ndb2Tomcat{

  try{
     Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver");
     }
     catch( ClassNotFoundException e2)
     {
      System.out.println("\nJDBC Driver class not found exception");
     }
     catch( Exception e)
     {
       System.out.println("\nDriver class not found exception");

    }
    try{
       Connection con = null;
      String url = "jdbc:db2://100.3.13.34/SAMPLE";
       con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,"db2admin", "db2pwd");

        // retrieve data from the database
       System.out.println("Retrieve some data from the database...");

       Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
       ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * from db2admin.employee
order by firstnme");

       System.out.println("Received results:");

       while (rs.next())
       {
          String a = rs.getString(1);
          String str = rs.getString(2);