Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/01 18:08:46 UTC

DanaFormBean question

Hi I have a subapp  (app1) which I'd like to do the
following action:

     - Call "start.do" with static forward to jsp page
        (query.jsp) which has a form using action "query.do"

      - The query.do uses a DanaFormBean "QueryForm"

I also make sure have all the controlIDs in query.jsp
and the danaformbean.

When I call start.do and forward seem work, but I
receive an exception   (null exception ) with the following
stack trace

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

 at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:1138)

 at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:751)

 at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:78
0)

 at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:728)

 at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseFieldTag.doStartTag(BaseFieldTag.java:193)

 at org.apache.jsp.query$jsp._jspService(query$jsp.java:189)

 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)

 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:202)

 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)

 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)

 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:683)

 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:431)

 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:355)

 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:10
14)

Please advice, I am stuck with this since yesterday

Thanks

-D