Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Dan Yi <dy...@mediosystems.com> on 2011/11/08 20:01:30 UTC

pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2

hi,

I just installed pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2 on amazon ec2 and run my pig script, got following error:
ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException

i had no problem to run the same pig scripts on other ec2 node with the same verison of pig, any idea? Thanks.

Re: pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
S3ServiceException is in jets3t.jar which is part of Hadoop. Did you set
HADOOP_HOME properly so Pig will use the right hadoop?

Daniel

Re: pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.