Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by John Regal <jc...@flashline.com> on 2001/12/18 15:54:32 UTC

saving a doc to a webfolder unsuccessful

Hi All,
I have installed Slide and have no trouble creating  a Web Folder on my
Windows client that can read and write to the various dirs in my webfolder.
I am able to copy/paste and drag/drop documents to it, however, if I have
Excel, Word, etc. open and perform a Save As and point to the webfolder, I
recieve a message "Document not saved". Then I browse to the web folder and
find that the save attempt created a directory with its name the same as the
file I attempted to save.

I have modified permissions for guest:

 <!-- ### Give read/write/manage permission to guest ###
               Uncomment the following line to give permission to do
               all actions on /files to guest (unauthenticated users) -->
           <permission action="/actions" subject="/users/guest"/>

          <permission action="/actions/manage" subject="/users/john"/>
          <permission action="/actions/write" subject="+/users/groupA"/>
          <permission action="/actions/read" subject="nobody"/>

Thanks.
John

-

Re: saving a doc to a webfolder unsuccessful

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi All,
> I have installed Slide and have no trouble creating  a Web Folder on my
> Windows client that can read and write to the various dirs in my
webfolder.
> I am able to copy/paste and drag/drop documents to it, however, if I have
> Excel, Word, etc. open and perform a Save As and point to the webfolder, I
> recieve a message "Document not saved". Then I browse to the web folder
and
> find that the save attempt created a directory with its name the same as
the
> file I attempted to save.

Slide and Word 2k have been interoperating very well in the past. Are you
using this version, or Word XP ? The reason for the failure (exception,
status codes, etc ...) could be in the Slide logs.

> I have modified permissions for guest:
>
>  <!-- ### Give read/write/manage permission to guest ###
>                Uncomment the following line to give permission to do
>                all actions on /files to guest (unauthenticated users) -->
>            <permission action="/actions" subject="/users/guest"/>
>
>           <permission action="/actions/manage" subject="/users/john"/>
>           <permission action="/actions/write" subject="+/users/groupA"/>
>           <permission action="/actions/read" subject="nobody"/>

Remy