Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Na...@sas.com> on 2005/03/03 16:51:09 UTC

Maven and Abbot

Hi all,

I am trying to run Abbot from Maven - not using the Abbot plugin, just driving the tests directly from Junit. I use Abbot programatically to find UI components and inject events.

Anyway, I am having a lot of problems with Abbot failures - it works fine when called directly from Junit, but fails when called from Maven - which in turns call Junit. I tried playing with the abbot variables following suggestions from the Abbot mailing list, but it didn't help. I tried to set the following variables:

abbot.robot.auto_delay=100
abbot.window_ready_delay=200
abbot.robot.event_post_delay=200
abbot.robot.verify=false

Both in the Maven command line and in my project.properties.

So, does anybody have a better luck using Abbot from Maven? Is there any configuration trick? One error in particular is that when running Abbot inside Maven the "robot" mode gets switched to "awt", which changes the entire behavior of the tool - tests that would work before are now failing.

Also, what is your experience with other UI automation framework (like JfcUnit and Jemmy) inside Maven? Do you have any good/bad experiences to share?

Thanks in advance,
  Nascif A. Abousalh-Neto