Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org> on 2022/03/06 14:42:27 UTC

[NOTICE][DRAFT] Kyuubi Poding Report - March2022

Hi, PPMC and Dev

Below is our *DRAFT* podling report for Apache Incubator [1], please help
me check it

--------------------
## Kyuubi

Kyuubi is a distributed multi-tenant Thrift JDBC/ODBC server for
large-scale data management, processing, and analytics, built on top of
Apache Spark and designed to support more engines.

Kyuubi has been incubating since 2021-06-21.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Gain more active contributors/committers to build a diverse community
2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
3. Improve project structure and documentation

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

### How has the community developed since the last report?

- Adds two new Committers
- 11 new contributors join code contribution. There are currently 65
contributors and 11 committers.
- Kyuubi Podling Maturity Self Assessment is drafted based on Apache
Project Maturity Model.
- 1.5 branch cut
- Participate in 3 online, 1 offline meetup to share kyuubi

### How has the project developed since the last report?

- Release v1.4.1-incubating on 2022-01-30
- Get help from some web developers from NetEase, and we are working
on the new design of our website
- Trino, Flink engines in beta for pre-view in the coming v1.5.0
- The hive engine is designed and we are looking for contributors

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

- [ ] Initial setup
- [ ] Working towards first release
- [x] Community building
- [ ] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

- 2022-01-30

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

- 2021-12-15 Yang Hua
- 2021-12-15 Dongdong Hong

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

- Mentors are helpful and always responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes

### Signed-off-by:

- [ ] (kyuubi) Willem Ning Jiang
Comments:
- [ ] (kyuubi) Jeff Zhang
Comments:
- [ ] (kyuubi) Duo Zhang
Comments:
- [ ] (kyuubi) Akira Ajisaka

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

BR,

Kent Yao

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/March2022#kyuubi

Re: [NOTICE][DRAFT] Kyuubi Poding Report - March2022

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
Hi Akira,

Thanks for verifying the report. The voices of our mentors are valuable.

And I agree with you that rules will change as the community and project grow over time.

We will start a discussion again with the whole PPMC and community when anyone feels it necessary

Bests,

Kent Yao

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi Kent Yao,