Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Amol Katdare <am...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/03 18:11:29 UTC

How to get embedded tomcat to work?

Hi,
I have just started looking at JCS for a particular project.
Am looking for some information on how to get the embedded tomcat to work
with remote cache.
I have a "hello world" type of program where I put 1000 objects into a
region (which has a remote cache configured and started) and then get a
couple of objects. (It works)
Now I would like to take a look at the "management servlets" for the remote
cache.
Did browse the /conf dir but could not get embedded tomcat to work.

Thanks,
Amol

Re: How to get embedded tomcat to work?

Posted by Hanson Char <ha...@gmail.com>.
>I do not use mbeans and will not support them.
>Theyare not portable and like most j2ee junk,
>they are too cumbersome to use.

1) If jcs is configured using Spring, the export of jcs components as MBeans
can be completely transparent (ie zero coding required!)

2) Do you know that the Java 5 JVM itself is managed by JMX out of the box
(via -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote) ?  Have you tried using jconsole ?

Hanson

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.