Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Maik Heinelt <ma...@servgate.co.jp.INVALID> on 2021/02/26 01:00:58 UTC

hide or gray out machines where max user connected?

Hello,
is there any way to hide or gray out machines where max user session has reached?
We have a couple hundred servers what are accessible via Guacamole. Most of the server are only allowed to
connect from max one user. If any other user then would like to connect to an available machine, the user has to test
each single machine if he can connect, or get an error displayed. If most of the servers are in use, it can really be a pain to find
an available machine for a user to connect.
I am wondering if there is any way to just hide busy machines, or grey them out, so that it is easy to see what machine is used or not?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Maik Heinelt
Geschäftsführer/CEO

Servgate Co., Ltd. (head office)
1-11-14 Azura, Ichinomiya-shi
491-0835 Aichi-ken, Japan
Tel.: 0586-81-7250
Fax: 0586-81-7251
Mobil: 070-3986-9807

Tokyo
MAC Ginza Building 3F, 1-7-15 Ginza, Chuo-ku,
104-0061 Tokyo
Tel.: 03-5524-5634

Germany:
Birkenkamp 14
33129 Delbrück, Deutschland
Tel.: 05246-8057586

SKYPE: daliose
https://www.servgate.jp
https://www.servgate.co.jp

.............................. .............................. ......
DISCLAIMER: This information is confidential and is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, please disregard and destroy this
email and its content. Thank you

Re: hide or gray out machines where max user connected?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

> Hi Michael,
> thank you for your hint in this case. A balancing group would be an option
> to get this solved, but is there any function to grey out clients where MAX
> connection has been reached?
> Let's say there are machines where maximum 1 user is allowed to connect
> to. Once the once user is connected, we would like to get this indicated
> for every other user.
> Also, ideally the total machines and usable machines should be shown
> somewhere behind a group name.

There is no option currently implemented in Guacamole Client.

-Nick

Re: hide or gray out machines where max user connected?

Posted by Maik Heinelt <ma...@servgate.co.jp.INVALID>.
is there any way to hide or gray out machines where max user session has reached?
We have a couple hundred servers what are accessible via Guacamole. Most of the server are only allowed to
connect from max one user. If any other user then would like to connect to an available machine, the user has to test
each single machine if he can connect, or get an error displayed. If most of the servers are in use, it can really be a pain to find
an available machine for a user to connect.
I am wondering if there is any way to just hide busy machines, or grey them out, so that it is easy to see what machine is used or not?

You could place each of those machines within the same balancing group, and have your users connect to that balancing group instead of the connections. The balancing group will then automatically choose an available machine.

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
[ https://enterprise.glyptodon.com/ | Glyptodon Inc ] .

Hi Michael,
thank you for your hint in this case. A balancing group would be an option to get this solved, but is there any function to grey out clients where MAX connection has been reached?
Let's say there are machines where maximum 1 user is allowed to connect to. Once the once user is connected, we would like to get this indicated for every other user.
Also, ideally the total machines and usable machines should be shown somewhere behind a group name.

Example:

Sample Group (32/22)
>> 32 indicates the total machines in this group and 22 shows the connectable machines.

Thanks
Maik Heinelt

Re: hide or gray out machines where max user connected?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Glyptodon Inc <https://enterprise.glyptodon.com/>.