Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org> on 2016/09/17 21:52:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Removal of Llama support in next (2.8?) release of Impala

Impala's support for Llama, which adapts Yarn for low-latency query
engines, has long since bitrotted, and never worked very well. I propose
removing it from the next version of Impala - I don't know of any
deployments relying on its use.

The initial patch is here: http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/4445

If there's any discussion to be had, let's do it here.

Thanks!
Henry

Re: [DISCUSS] Removal of Llama support in next (2.8?) release of Impala

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Matthew Jacobs <mj...@cloudera.com>.
+1