Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by csckid <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/18 11:45:39 UTC

animated graph

Isn't there anything like animated graph. Like when use clicks on bar chart,
the bar shows some animation they display the graph(like flex).

There is a tapestry 5 and jquery integration.
http://tapestry5-jquery.com/
If I want to use some other component from other jquery site, I mean can I
use it? Then why should we use this tapestry5-jquery project?

Re: animated graph

Posted by Nicolas Barrera <nb...@gmail.com>.
Hi!, I was just beggining to integrate an animated graph/chart library when
I saw this post...
well... as I said... I 'm just begining so I ain't got any solution right
now but...

my 20 cents would be that I 've decided to use amCharts framework (
http://www.amcharts.com/) because you could use it free (with a sponsor
link), or pay to get rid of it.

I liked a lot highcharts but as I would need a commercial license it wasn't
an option to me.

I saw "google charts" as cool but lacked animations.

amCharts let you use javascript, flash or flash with javascript fallback
charts, it also has many charts (just see the demos).

Cons (afaik):
- Animated charts are only available on flash.
- Data can be dynamically recieved by an xml file (although I 'd ve like
json the better)

hope my last week review of charting libs be useful for someone else :)

cheers!

Nicolás.-

Re: animated graph

Re: animated graph

Re: animated graph

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.
Hi

2011/12/18 csckid <te...@gmail.com>:
> Isn't there anything like animated graph. Like when use clicks on bar chart,
> the bar shows some animation they display the graph(like flex).
>
> There is a tapestry 5 and jquery integration.
> http://tapestry5-jquery.com/
> If I want to use some other component from other jquery site, I mean can I
> use it?
why not? see below.

from this top5
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/css/top-jquery-chart-libraries-interactive-charts/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I chose jqPlot to build a small lib https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jqPlot

it is almost a copy paste of
http://www.chenillekit.org/demo/tapcomp/chartdemo build on tapestry5-jquery

>Then why should we use this tapestry5-jquery project?

to use let the lib manage for you the tapestry core javascript stack
and the no conflit mode for the backward compatibility with Prototype.