Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/09/23 20:23:20 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.2.2 GA Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce release 4.2.2
(GA) of HttpComponents HttpCore. This is a maintenance release that
fixes a number of bugs and regressions found since 4.2.1 including a
major bug in the NIO module causing incorrect handling of outgoing
Content-Length delimited messages larger than 2GB.

All users of HttpCore 4.2 are advised to upgrade.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core - HttpCore is a set of low level HTTPtransport
components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP
services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O models: a
blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a non-blocking,
event driven I/O model based on Java NIO. The blocking I/O model may be
more appropriate for data intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the
non-blocking model may be more appropriate for high latency scenarios
where raw data throughput is less important than the ability to handle
thousands of simultaneous HTTP connections in a resource efficient
manner.