Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Makoev Alan <sa...@yandex.ru> on 2009/09/21 22:19:22 UTC

Eliminating russian spam

I've written brief "how-to" for blocking E-mail in Russian. It's intended for those who are confident that any message in Russian sent to them is nothing but spam. See it here: http://sa-russian.narod.ru/no_russian.html
I'd like to see SA experts opinions and advices.

Re: Eliminating russian spam

Posted by Makoev Alan <sa...@yandex.ru>.
Thank you, John!
Both "how-to" (http://sa-russian.narod.ru/no_russian.html) and the ruleset (http://sa-russian.narod.ru/files/20090916/99_no_russian_mail.cf) are updated.

Re: Eliminating russian spam

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Makoev Alan wrote:

> I've written brief "how-to" for blocking E-mail in Russian. It's
> intended for those who are confident that any message in Russian sent to
> them is nothing but spam. See it here:
> http://sa-russian.narod.ru/no_russian.html I'd like to see SA experts
> opinions and advices.

   However, the message can be a MIME "multipart" one with charset
   declarations preceding the parts within the body, so this should be
   "full message" rule:

Not true, and bad advice (at least from a performance standpoint). Take a
look at the mimeheader plugin and avoid using "full" rules.

   Ignorance doesn't make stuff not exist.               -- Bucky Katt
  19 days since a sunspot last seen - EPA blames CO2 emissions