Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/05/17 21:47:47 UTC

[Discuss] Issues in Add Cartridge Page in the UI

Hi Devs,

I see couple of problems in the Add Cartridge page in the UI:

   - IaaS Provider is spelled wrong: "iaas Provider".
   - A cartridge can be added without having an IaaS Provider.
   - Properties are not properly rendered under IaaS Provider.
   - When updating an existing cartridge, the IaaS Providers are now shown.
   As a result it may overwrite the existing IaaS Providers.

Thanks
​

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Issues in Add Cartridge Page in the UI

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dakshika for the quick response! @Reka: Great work! I will have a
look.

Thanks

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh/Dakshika,

wrote:

> Hi Imesh,
>
> Check my inline comments.
>
>    - IaaS Provider is spelled wrong: "iaas Provider". - can be fix easily
>    by changing schema, i'll do it
>    - A cartridge can be added without having an IaaS Provider. - can add
>    client side validation using schema, "required" property.
>    - Properties are not properly rendered under IaaS Provider. - I'll
>    have a look on this
>    - When updating an existing cartridge, the IaaS Providers are now
>    shown. As a result it may overwrite the existing IaaS Providers. -- This
>    data are collapsed on cartridge view to avoid scrollbar appearing on view.
>    can be shown by default.
>
>              [Reka]   I have actually done with this and pushed it to
master. When updating/viewing cartridge, all the details including
IaaSProvider was not shown earlier as the backend to bean conversion didn't
happen properly. Now that i have fixed it to display all the details.

Thanks,
Reka

Regards,

> *Dakshika Jayathilaka*
> PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
> Senior Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean.enterprise.middleware
> 0771100911
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I have now added a validation to make IaaS Providers mandatory when
>> adding and updating a cartridge. However still I see another problem in
>> this page; when opening the page initially IaaS Providers section is blank:
>>

>> ​
>> However the JSON contains IaaS Providers:
>>

>> IMO this is not correct, either the default IaaS providers should be
>> populated or they should not be added.
>>
>> Thanks
>> ​
>> ​
>>

>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> I see couple of problems in the Add Cartridge page in the UI:
>>>

>>>    - IaaS Provider is spelled wrong: "iaas Provider".
>>>    - A cartridge can be added without having an IaaS Provider.
>>>    - Properties are not properly rendered under IaaS Provider.
>>>    - When updating an existing cartridge, the IaaS Providers are now
>>>    shown. As a result it may overwrite the existing IaaS Providers.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> ​
>>>
>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
Mobile: +94776442007

Re: [Discuss] Issues in Add Cartridge Page in the UI

Posted by Dakshika Jayathilaka <da...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.