Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Eduard Skaley <e....@gmail.com> on 2012/12/25 13:33:39 UTC

Map Shuffle Bytes

Hello guys,

I need a counter for shuffled bytes to the mappers.
Is there existing one or should I define one myself ?
How can I implement such a counter?

Thank you and happy Christmas time,
Eduard

Re: Map Shuffle Bytes

Posted by Rishi Yadav <ri...@infoobjects.com>.
 Shuffled bytes go to reducers not mappers and the inbuilt counter for that
is "Reduce Shuffle Bytes".

I am not sure how you can implement user defined java counter here because
this phase is in between map and reduce.

Thanks and Regards,

Rishi Yadav

(o) 408.988.2000x113 ||  (f) 408.716.2726

InfoObjects Inc || http://www.infoobjects.com *(Big Data Solutions)*

*INC 500 Fastest growing company in 2012 || 2011*

*Best Place to work in Bay Area 2012 - *SF Business Times and the Silicon
Valley / San Jose Business Journal

2041 Mission College Boulevard, #280 || Santa Clara, CA 95054

Re: Map Shuffle Bytes

Posted by Eduard Skaley <e....@gmail.com>.
For this I need to know where an inputsplit is located. And where a join
is computed. How can I do this programmatically ?

Re: Map Shuffle Bytes

Posted by Eduard Skaley <e....@gmail.com>.

Re: Map Shuffle Bytes

Posted by Eduard Skaley <e....@gmail.com>.