Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Rashid Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/18 12:11:46 UTC

CayenneModeler "To Dep PK" Checkbox problem

Hello there,

I am using Cayenne1.2RC1. I am facing problems with the CayenneModeler "To
Dep PK" checkbox.

I have the following database set up:

* User table
* Group table
* UserGroup table (join table: maps users to groups)

>From what I understand the way cayenne works, I have to check the "To Dep
PK" checkbox in the UserGroupArray relationship of the User db-entity (and
the same with the UserGroupArray relationship of the Group db-entity).
However, the checkbox in the Modeler is disabled.

When I manually edit the dataMap.map.xml file to set the
"toDependentPK=true" for the respective relationships, my application works
fine. But a problem occurs when I open the cayenne.xml file again in the
modeler.

Initially, the "To Dep PK" checkbox shows checked as I specified manually in
the map.xml file. However, when I save the cayenne.xml file again, the
"toDependentPK=true" gets erased from the map.xml file and, as a result, I
don't see the "To Dep PK" checkboxes checked anymore in the Modeler.

Please tell me what is the workaround for this, as it is very critical for
me to set up the relationships correctly.

Sincerely,

Rashid Khan

Re: CayenneModeler "To Dep PK" Checkbox problem

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Rashid,

(seems like you are not subscribed to the list, so you won't get

Generally "to dep pk" is disabled if Cayenne thinks that the target
and/or source columns of the relationships are not PK, so doublecheck
that PK is checked on attributes on both ends.

Also there was a bug that I recently fixed [1] that may be related,
so could you try the Modeler from the latest nightly build [2]. Let
us know if any of that worked.

Andrus

[1] http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-566
[2] http://objectstyle.org/downloads/cayenne/nightly/?M=D