Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sameer Farooqui <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/24 20:02:52 UTC

Cannot access JobTracker GUI (port 50030) via web browser while running on Amazon EC2

Hi guys,

I'm running a 1-node Hadoop 0.20.2 pseudo-distributed node with RedHat 6.1
on Amazon EC2 and while my node is healthy, I can't seem to get to the
JobTracker GUI working. Running 'curl localhost:50030' from the CMD line
returns a valid HTML file. Ports 50030, 50060, 50070 are open in the Amazon
Security Group. MapReduce jobs are starting and completing successfully, so
my Hadoop install is working fine. But when I try to access the web GUI from
a Chrome browser on my local computer, I get nothing.

Any thoughts? I tried some Google searches and even did a hail-mary Bing
search, but none of them were fruitful.

Some troubleshooting I did is below:
[root@ip-10-86-x-x ~]# jps
1337 QuorumPeerMain
1494 JobTracker
1410 DataNode
1629 SecondaryNameNode
1556 NameNode
1694 TaskTracker
1181 HRegionServer
1107 HMaster
11363 Jps

[root@ip-10-86-x-x ~]# curl localhost:50030

<head>
<title>Hadoop Administration</title>
</head>

<h1>Hadoop Administration</h1>

<ul>

</ul>

Re: Cannot access JobTracker GUI (port 50030) via web browser while running on Amazon EC2

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 24/10/11 23:46, Mark question wrote:
> Thank you, I'll try it.
> Mark
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Sameer Farooqui<ca...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> We figured it out. It's an issue with RedHat's IPTables. You have to open
>> up
>> those ports:
>>

>> vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Of course, if you open up the cluster ports to everyone, that means
everyone else with an IPv4 address. SSH tunnelling is a better tactic

Re: Cannot access JobTracker GUI (port 50030) via web browser while running on Amazon EC2

Posted by Mark question <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I'll try it.

Posted by Sameer Farooqui <ca...@gmail.com>.
Mark,