Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 22:36:02 UTC

ApacheDS LDAP transaction support (RFC 5805)

Hi,

I have started to think about how the server will support transaction
driven by the client, as defined in RFC 5805.

The main issue is that RFC 5805 defines a transaction that assume the
whole LDAP server is subject to this transaction. The problem is that we
define internal transaction per partition.

We can deal with that in two different ways:
- first we change the startTransaction extended operation semantic, by
sending the partiton suffix, to limit the txn to a given partition
- or we keep it global, but each partition being updated will have it's
own transaction. That means we do a 1-N mappig between external tx, and
internal txn. That also eans the commit os global, across partiton (but
we do *not* guarantee that the trasaction is atomic across partitions.

Thoughts `?

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com