Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2002/12/04 15:58:48 UTC

Running the test target

Hi,

Trying to get the ant test target to run and pass within my IDE
(netbeans).  Works fine from the command line when I put my junit.jar in
the $ANT_HOME/lib and also define the property in build.properties.  If
I take it out of $ANT_HOME/lib, the build fails with a
NoClassDefFOundError for junit/framework/TestListener.

Anyone seen this?

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: Running the test target

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to get the ant test target to run and pass within my IDE
> (netbeans).  Works fine from the command line when I put my junit.jar
> in the $ANT_HOME/lib and also define the property in build.properties.
> If I take it out of $ANT_HOME/lib, the build fails with a
> NoClassDefFOundError for junit/framework/TestListener.
>

> Anyone seen this?

I don't recall seeing this first-hand with XML-RPC, but I've had
junit-3.7.jar in my ANT_HOME directory forever (because I've seen this
while working on other projects).  I believe this is to work around
for some sort of Ant class loading issue.  You could try the issue
tracker and/or mailing list archive for Ant and JUnit to verify -- I
know this has been discussed before (somewhere ;).
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Running the test target

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.