Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/03/26 08:14:12 UTC

t5: IOC only app and maven package

Hi,

I revisted the wiki's sample about using IOC in a simple java application,

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToIocOnly

it works when compiled with Intellij IDEA, but when maven package, and run
it as follow:

java -cp mini-app.jar tapestry.mini.Main

I got this error:

org/apache/tapestry/ioc/RegistryBuilder

must be something to do with pom.xml file, any idea how to package it into a
complete jar file so that it can run from the command line? Thanks.

A.C.

Re: Uploading templates/properties via FTP

Posted by Tobias Marx <su...@gmx.de>.
4.1
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
which version of tapestry ?

Posted by Tobias Marx <su...@gmx.de>.
Hi there!

I would like to separate Java code from property files and template for the deployment process.

In fact, I do not want to "deploy" templates and property files as such and instead provide FTP access for our customers so that they can change those files themselves.

It is always such a time consuming task to deploy a Tapestry application just because the logo changes or a single word as changed.

Have anyone ever done that?

How do you tell Tapestry where it finds those files? In theory you would just need to add an location e.g. /home/users/blabla/ftp/files/tapestry to the classpath?

Thanks!

Tobias

Re: t5: IOC only app and maven package

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
You can try to use this:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/minijar-maven-plugin/ueberjar-mojo.html

On 26/03/2008, Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I revisted the wiki's sample about using IOC in a simple java application,
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToIocOnly
>
> it works when compiled with Intellij IDEA, but when maven package, and run
> it as follow:
>
> java -cp mini-app.jar tapestry.mini.Main
>
> I got this error:

> org/apache/tapestry/ioc/RegistryBuilder
>
> must be something to do with pom.xml file, any idea how to package it into
> complete jar file so that it can run from the command line? Thanks.
>
> A.C.

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov