Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2010/04/12 21:35:47 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Web Services Board Report, and discussion

Hi all!

Well, Axis is gone, and as the dust settles, we need to keep moving the WS
project in whatever direction it's going to go.  Toward that end, this email
brings you two exciting topics -

1) We need to submit a board report this month.  I've set up a template here:

   http://wiki.apache.org/ws/ReportForApr2010

Please, dev leads, fill this out *before* next Monday.

2) We need to figure out what's next.  In particular, that means:

* Which subprojects should be promoted to TLPs?
* Which subprojects should be migrated to the Attic?
* What should the structure look like for what remains?

These discussions are going to happen on general@ws, so that we can keep them
in one place without tons of copies.  This mail serves as notification
thereof to the various -dev communities.  In other words, IF YOU WANT TO HAVE
A SAY IN THIS DISCUSSION, AND YOU ARE NOT ALREADY ON GENERAL@WS, you should
subscribe immediately.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [IMPORTANT] Web Services Board Report, and discussion

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
On 4/18/2010 10:17 AM, Andreas Veithen wrote:
> You forgot to mention the XML-RPC 3.1.3 release in the board report.

Actually, Andreas, I was sort of hoping that the leads for each subproject
would take care of the details. :)

Since that doesn't appear to be really happening this time, I'll do a quick
survey tonight, but it looks like we'll have a somewhat content-light report.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Glen,

You forgot to mention the XML-RPC 3.1.3 release in the board report.

Andreas