Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 23:32:39 UTC

Convert KVM Instance to CloudStack

Hi Users and Dev

I apologize for cross posting..

I have bunch of VMs that were deployed by CloudStack - however - the management server along with a DB is no longer available.

This is a POC environment - but i would love not to loose and recreate the VMs if possible,

Hence i’m thinking of writing re-injestion process of existing running KVM instances back into new cloudstack - without doing template imports and such.

Has anyone create a tooling for this endevour by any chance? If not - i might have to create one :(

Thanks
ilya

Re: Convert KVM Instance to CloudStack

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 06/14/2018 01:32 AM, ilya musayev wrote:
> Hi Users and Dev
>
> I apologize for cross posting..
>
> I have bunch of VMs that were deployed by CloudStack - however - the management server along with a DB is no longer available.
>
> This is a POC environment - but i would love not to loose and recreate the VMs if possible,
>
> Hence i’m thinking of writing re-injestion process of existing running KVM instances back into new cloudstack - without doing template imports and such.
>
> Has anyone create a tooling for this endevour by any chance? If not - i might have to create one :(

Not really, but all I can think of is just re-create the VM in
CloudStack and then copy the old data from the Primary Storage to the
right location on the new Primary Storage.

In case of NFS just copying the right files and then starting the VM.

Wido

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.