Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 22:14:32 UTC

Lucene

Hi,

Does Lucene have the function to return top 5 most frequency keywords in
the article?

Thanks,

Jae

Re: Fieldable and Document class.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
There is no "update in place" functionality in Lucene. You can use
IndexModifier
which (under the covers) does a delete/add.

How dynamic is "pretty dynamic"? updating one doc/hour? Updating
1,000 docs a second?

Best
Erick

Posted by Du...@Sun.COM.

Re: Lucene

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Yes, with a little bit of work, as there is nothing out of the box
for it.

If you store term vectors (or re-analyze the document) you can use
the sample code from my ApacheCon 2005 talk (http://www.cnlp.org/
apachecon2005/, which also covers how to use TermVectors) OR you can
try implementing the new TermVectorMapper functionality in the trunk
version of Lucene.

Cheers,
Grant

On Oct 16, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Jae Joo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does Lucene have the function to return top 5 most frequency
> keywords in
> the article?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jae