Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Дмитрий Рябов <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 10:23:50 UTC

[Review] IGNITE-4188: Savepoints support inside of Ignite Transactions

Hello, igniters. Can you look it? My solution is to save a snapshot of
txState when user calls tx.savepoint("id") and replace current txState with
saved state when user calls tx.rollbackToSavepoint("id").

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4188

PR: https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/1815/files

Re: [Review] IGNITE-4188: Savepoints support inside of Ignite Transactions

Posted by Дмитрий Рябов <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello! Semen, can you continue to review this ticket [1]?

About my realisation:

I added `savepoint()`, `rollbackToSavepoint()` and
'releaseSavepoint()' methods to `Transaction` interface. Savepoints
are stored in `txState` of transaction on the initiator node and
contain every change made since last created savepoint or tx started
(for the first savepoint).
When user calls `savepoint()` during a transaction - its `txState`
will create savepoint with current state.
When user calls `rollbackToSavepoint()` - `txState` will replace
current state to snapshot from chosen savepoint. For pessimistic
transactions, we wait here for request/response to unlock all rolled
back keys.
When user calls 'releaseSavepoint()' - `txState` will remove snapshot
for this and consequent savepoints.

Savepoints are good if you have multiple operations inside one long
transaction and they can fail, but you still need to commit nonfailed
operations. Savepoints allow you to rollback a piece of the
transaction if you want to remain some changes. For example, we have 3
caches: "accounts" with some data, "actions" cache with data about
actions for specific accounts and "bans" with data about banned
accounts. We need to update "accounts" and "actions" caches in the
same pessimistic transaction and this update shouldn't be seen until
done. We update in next sequence: we update account first and then its
actions. After updating actions we have check that this account is
still available and not banned in the third cache (it may be banned
during our transaction). And when we see that account isn't available
– we rollback to savepoint before this account and mark it as banned
in the "account" cache instead of updating its actions.

[1] JIRA ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4188
GitHub PR: https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/1815
Upsource PR: https://reviews.ignite.apache.org/ignite/review/IGNT-CR-186

Posted by Дмитрий Рябов <so...@gmail.com>.