Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/02/18 02:14:12 UTC

someone on i386-freebsd and AIX with mp1 to run a quick test?

I'm trying to resolve this problem (the second part of the email where the
failure of  mod_perl-1.99_12/t/response/TestModperl/request_rec_tie_api.pm is
discussed:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=107570575120884&w=2

Apparently, on some AIX and FreeBSD setups we get:

   fileno(STDOUT) == 1; # under perl
   fileno(STDOUT) == 0; # under mp2/tied STDOUT

so I want to know what happens under mp1. Can someone on AIX and freebsd
please run a simple test under mp1, to print: fileno 'STDOUT' from a registry
script or a handler? Thanks.

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print "fileno(STDOUT): ", fileno(STDOUT);

It may vary from perl to perl, the above freebsd report was on 5.6.1
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=107523461027204&w=2

someone on AIX 4.3.3 with 5.8.0 didn't have this issue:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=105907713200846&w=2

I can't find the original report that has discovered this peculiar problem on
AIX 4.3.3.

Thanks.

Re: someone on i386-freebsd and AIX with mp1 to run a quick test?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
José AUGUSTE-ETIENNE wrote:
> Le mar 17/02/2004 à 22:14, Stas Bekman a écrit :
>
>>De :   Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> le 17/02/2004 17:14 PST
>>
>>I'm trying to resolve this problem (the second part of the email where the
>>failure of  mod_perl-1.99_12/t/response/TestModperl/request_rec_tie_api.pm
>>is
>>discussed:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=107570575120884&w=2
>>
>>Apparently, on some AIX and FreeBSD setups we get:
>>
>>   fileno(STDOUT) == 1; # under perl
>>   fileno(STDOUT) == 0; # under mp2/tied STDOUT
>>
>>so I want to know what happens under mp1. Can someone on AIX and freebsd
>>please run a simple test under mp1, to print: fileno 'STDOUT' from a
>>registry
>>script or a handler? Thanks.
>>
>>print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
>>print "fileno(STDOUT): ", fileno(STDOUT);
>>

> Hi,
>
> I only read this post today
>
> OS : 		aix 4.3.3.10
> perl :		v5.6.1
> mod_perl :	1.29
> apache :	1.3.27
> HTML::MASON :	1.23
>
> in a Mason component
>
> fileno(STDOUT): <% fileno(STDOUT) %>
>
> gave me
>
> fileno(STDOUT): 1
>
> Hope this helps

Thank you, Jose! I suppose Mason doesn't mess with STDOUT.

It's still unclear to me, why on certain platforms/perl versions a tied STDOUT
returns 0 instead of 1.

Re: someone on i386-freebsd and AIX with mp1 to run a quick test?

Posted by José AUGUSTE-ETIENNE <jo...@cgss-guyane.fr>.
Le mar 17/02/2004 à 22:14, Stas Bekman a écrit :
> De :   Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> le 17/02/2004 17:14 PST
>
> I'm trying to resolve this problem (the second part of the email where the
> failure of  mod_perl-1.99_12/t/response/TestModperl/request_rec_tie_api.pm
> is
> discussed:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=107570575120884&w=2
>
> Apparently, on some AIX and FreeBSD setups we get:
>
>    fileno(STDOUT) == 1; # under perl
>    fileno(STDOUT) == 0; # under mp2/tied STDOUT
>
> so I want to know what happens under mp1. Can someone on AIX and freebsd
> please run a simple test under mp1, to print: fileno 'STDOUT' from a
> registry
> script or a handler? Thanks.
>
> print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
> print "fileno(STDOUT): ", fileno(STDOUT);

Hi,

I only read this post today

OS : 		aix 4.3.3.10
perl :		v5.6.1