Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2002/04/02 10:29:39 UTC

Re: Templating suggestions?

eamondaly wrote:

> I agree. I've changed my code to work like this.
>
> Of course, now I've run into a new roadblock. Can $Response->Redirect
> be called from within XMLSubs? I've no trouble with normal <% blocks
> and accessing objects like $Session, $Response, and such, but
> redirects seem to be a no go. I have a very simple page like so:
>
>   <my:template href="/templates/simple.html">
>   <my:body>
>   <% $Response->Redirect('/bar.html'); print "WHEE!" %>
>   Didn't redirect.
>   </my:body>
>   </my:template>

I believe you found a critical error in $Response->Redirect
not working right under an XMLSubs.  This seems to be due
to Flush() being disabled under an XMLSubs, and $Response->Redirect()
was basically using Flush() so it would end the script
without doing anything!!

I have reproduced/fix this and created a test case around this
in my dev 2.33 version, hopefully proving that my fix for
this works now & in the future. Let me know if you would like
an early release of this module, and I will send it to you
privately.

Regards,

Josh