Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <oo...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2003/12/01 14:39:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite Problem still Please Help!!!

I am using a program that requires mod_rewrite to be installed. This
program also tells me what the required syntax should be:

LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/mod_rewrite.so
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

I am using a binary version of Apache 2.0.47, and in looking in the
httpd.conf file, I did not see the any of the above. Is it safe for me
to put the suggested lines in my httpd.conf file?

I am running win2k, mysql 4.0.13 and PHP 4.3.2

My other program keeps telling me that the .htaccess is not obeying some
rules and that I needed to do something to mod_rewrite.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Ola

RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite Problem still Please Help!!!

Posted by Wouter van Vliet <wo...@springt.nl>.
It may be that mod_rewrite is already compiled into the binary, in that case
no DSO is needed to be loaded.

Before you do anything, just see if

	RewriteEngine On

Will issue an error. If it does, try your two lines. If it doesn't, it IS
already installed.

Wouter