Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2010/06/22 15:46:28 UTC

About the trunk build

Hi guys,

today, I ressucitated an old linux box and tried to build teh trunk from
scratch. As I needed to go fast, I did a mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip

It failed, because there are some dependencies in core on core-api/test
(Mock objects), and as this jar is not created when you don't run the tests,
I got some issues.

IMO, we should fix this by creating a new module containing those Mock
objects (core-mock ?).

There may be other options though.

wdyt ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: About the trunk build

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> today, I ressucitated an old linux box and tried to build teh trunk from
> scratch. As I needed to go fast, I did a mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip
>
> It failed, because there are some dependencies in core on core-api/test
> (Mock objects), and as this jar is not created when you don't run the tests,
> I got some issues.
>
> IMO, we should fix this by creating a new module containing those Mock
> objects (core-mock ?).
>
> There may be other options though.
>
> wdyt ?

I just deleted the mock module ;-)

"mvn clean install -DskipTests" should work, because this compiles and
installs the test jar.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: About the trunk build

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
On 6/22/10 3:46 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> today, I ressucitated an old linux box and tried to build teh trunk
> from scratch. As I needed to go fast, I did a mvn clean install
> -Dmaven.test.skip
>
> It failed, because there are some dependencies in core on
> core-api/test (Mock objects), and as this jar is not created when you
> don't run the tests, I got some issues.
>
> IMO, we should fix this by creating a new module containing those Mock
> objects (core-mock ?).
>
> There may be other options though.
>
> wdyt ?

"mvn clean install -DskipTests" worked for me.

However when running with test lot of core-integ tests are failing [1],
any idea what could be the problem?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://pastebin.com/P5iZY1Dz