Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Peter Adelmann <pa...@collaborative.com> on 2008/10/21 18:22:07 UTC

(Solved)Trying to update text in pdf and saving to new name, but.....

Hi,

I was trying to update the label and not the value.  Now I'm using name
value pairs which works well, but I need to figure out the names given
to the tags in the form; that's not really pretty or generic.

Is there any document(s) which discuss pdfBox in depth, as it relates to
a pdf?  I guess I may be over complicating things, but I'm interested in
the document structure.

For example, what objects would be used if I needed to change the font,
or how the text is being displayed?  Currently I have a template where
the text is not lining up with where I would expect it.  This maybe an
issue more with the template, and how it's configured, but I would think
I might be able to change it on the fly....

Thanks,

Peter