Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nsrajan1982 <ns...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 14:52:24 UTC

maven jar

Hi

I have a maven module M1 and M2. In M2 we are generating a jar from xsd
using maven xmlbean plugin.

Dependency : M1 depends on M2.

In M1, we have java sources that refers the jar created by M2 for
compilation. But we still find compilation uses in M1 sources.

Procedure:
1. Compile the M2 module and it generates the Jar.
2. Compilation of M1 fails.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: maven jar

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Fix the thing that is failing.

Seriously, you need to tell us what your problem is>

Ron

On 07/05/2012 8:52 AM, nsrajan1982 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a maven module M1 and M2. In M2 we are generating a jar from xsd
> using maven xmlbean plugin.
>
> Dependency : M1 depends on M2.
>
> In M1, we have java sources that refers the jar created by M2 for
> compilation. But we still find compilation uses in M1 sources.
>
> Procedure:
> 1. Compile the M2 module and it generates the Jar.
> 2. Compilation of M1 fails.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

Re: maven jar

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> We installed the generated jar in M2 as
> /mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=xsd-js -DartifactId=xsd-js
> -Dversion=0.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=D:\xsd-main-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar/
> Had an entry for this jar in M1's pom.xml ad ran the mvn -e install -P
> build. The compilation errors got solved.

Why would you use install:install-file for an artifact you are
producing with Maven? Just use "mvn install".

Wayne

Re: maven jar

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
The "-P build" part of your command makes me worried. Why would you
have a "build" profile?

/Anders

Re: maven jar

Re: maven jar

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
How are you compiling M1? Please specify the exact command!
If you are doing this in two separate steps, you need to execute "mvn
install" (or "mvn deploy"). If you were to use a multi-module build
this doesn't matter.

/Anders